If for any reason you wish to reset your Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet to the factory settings, you can do so by following the instructions below. This will perform a complete format of the hard drive erasing everything on it. Make sure you have your data backed up before you do this
- When turning on the Tablet, press the Power button together with the Volume Up button at the same time to enter the ThinkPad Setup program.
- Insert the USB Recovery Key into the USB connector of the Tablet.
- Select Startup from the blue ribbon at top of screen
- On the Boot sub menu, select CD/DVD “Generic Mass Storage” and then tap “+/–” until the CD/DVD is shown as the first Startup device.
- Tap F10 to save the configuration change and exit the ThinkPad Setup. The Tablet restarts and the recovery program opens.
- Depending on the needs, select the language preferred in the drop-down list box and click Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
(If you’re using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
- Tap or click General.
- Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.