While opening .dxf files in CAD software, if you get an error similar to the following check the color name mentioned in the error.
Customization file loaded successfully. Customization Group: ACADLT
Customization file loaded successfully. Customization Group:
AUTODESKSEEK Improper table entry name ORCHID_FAUCET_HOLE_15″ on line 178.
Invalid or incomplete DXF input — drawing discarded.
Specify corner of window, enter a scale factor (nX or nXP), or
[All/Center/Dynamic/Extents/Previous/Scale/Window/Object] : _e Regenerating model.
In this error, notice ORCHID_FAUCET__HOLE_15″ on line 3. The ” is an invalid character in all CAD software and because the ” is used in the color name, your CAD software cannot open that file.
Invalid Characters are < > / \ ” : ? | , = ` ( ) .
To correct this problem:
- Open the .dxf file in the LT-55 XL software.
- Click Color and change the color name by removing all invalid characters i.e. < > / \ ” : ? | , = ` ( ) .
- Close the color menu.
- Save the file.
- Open the .dxf file in your CAD software.
Valid characters that may be used in your layer/color names:
- A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
- 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
- $ _ –